Sunday, October 28, 2012

Success

How do you define Success?

I believe that although i am only 18 years old, i am a very successful young man. In my eyes success doesnt neccessarily have to do with how many figures you make on a paycheck, or how famous you are. Success for me is doing something that makes you feel good about yourself, makes you feel like you have accomplished something. It is the outcome of something you believe to be important.

When i was 14 my mother was sent to prison & sentenced to be there for 5 years. Most of my family expected me to be a "fuck up" in life since this has been the third time in my life that my mom has gone to prison. I moved from house to house with different family memebers never quite fitting in. Although most of them expected me to drop out or fall into the temptation of drugs, i proved them all wrong. I graduated with a 3.0 GPA from my high school, was the varsity football captain, & a 2 year varsity player for 4 different sports.

The ability to rise after you have fallen makes you successful. I fought for what i believed to be right and did something with my life. Ofcourse i am not done with my studies but i am still a successful person. Dedicated to pursuing my dreams. I believed that graduating against the odds was important therefore making me a successful person. Dont be affraid of what you think is right. Fight for your dreams and anything you achieve will show your success. Being resiliant is a great to be a succesful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment